1 kilo yam(ube that is purple
3 cups glutinous rice flour
4 cans(400ml each) coconut milk
2 cans coconut milk for curd(latik)
3 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon pandan or vanilla extract
1. On a pot, boil water then cook purple yam for half an hour or until soft. Drain and let cool.
2. Peel the yam that is purple grate. Set aside.
1. In a pan, pour coconut milk then cook in a heat that is low. Keep stirring until curdles. Put aside.
1. In a sizable pan, combine the grated purple yam, sweet rice flour, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla then prepare in a heat that is low. Keep stirring until well thickened and combined.
2. In a shallow pan or woven container, lined a wilted banana leaves then grease because of the coconut oil.
3. Transfer the mixture and distribute evenly then sprinkle with coconut curd. Piece and serve hot.
To be aware of kalamay ube recipe and kalamay ube recipe, please go to the site kalamay ube recipe.
Estimated preparation and time that is cooking 2 hours
Halayang Ube Ingredients:
1 kilo ube yam root
1 can (14 ounces) evaporated milk
2 cans (12 ounces) condensed milk
1/2 glass butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
Halayang Ube Cooking Guidelines:
For a cooking pot, boil the unpeeled ube yam in water and simmer for thirty minutes.Drain and allow cool.
Peel and finely grate the ube yam.
Heat a wok that is big moderate heat.
Melt butter or margarine, add the condensed vanilla and milk flavoring. Mixwell.
Filipino recipe that is style Kalamay ube is another Filipino dessert and meryenda(mid-afternoon snack) that is commonly sold across the streets. Kalamay ube is just a chewy rice cake that is purple of purple yum(ube). Purple yum comes boiled, peeled and grated then cook with coconut milk, rice flour and sugar until dense. Sprinkle with coconut latik that is curd( then serve hot.